The Hills Environment Centre is a place for the community to share environment information and issues.
Our aims are to:
- Encourage and support community actions for addressing climate change, encourage sustainable living, and biodiversity, and raise awareness of indigenous culture.
- Increase knowledge of the impacts of climate change and share information about adaptive strategies to improve the resiliency of our local community in land, water, and nature.
- Expand community awareness of biodiversity and promote restorative practices to land, water, climate, and nature in the Adelaide Hills.
- Inspire care for water, land, and climate by sharing sustainable living practices and advocating for a profound connection with nature in our local area.
- To raise community awareness of Aboriginal culture and heritage with priority given to the knowledge and practices of the local Kaurna and Peramangk peoples.