Nominations are now open for the 2022 General Jeffery Soil Health Award.
- Recognises, honours and celebrates an individual’s outstanding contribution to improving soil health through activities including:
- Undertaking good management practice on the ground and/or;
- Extending and/or communicating knowledge, and advocating for, improved soil management, and/or;
- Educating and raising awareness about the importance of maintaining and improving soil health.
- Promotes the application and understanding of better management practices to improve soil health across the landscape;
- Provides a platform to promote what is being done to improve and promote soil health at a meaningful scale;
- Honours the remarkable work of Australian’s first National Soils Advocate, Major General the Hon Michael Jeffery, AC, AO (Mil), CVO, MC (Retd);
- Is initiated and sponsored by the Office of the National Soils Advocate and administered by Landcare Australia.
For more information and to nominate please visit: https://landcareaustralia.org.au/soilhealthaward/