We’re excited to present you with the first of our Inclusion Ready workshops.
The Landcare Association of South Australia (LASA) recognise the importance of diversity and equal and equitable opportunities across the sector.
This is why we’ve partnered with the Northern and Yorke Landscape Board to bring you Inclusion Ready information sessions, that are focused on 3 priority groups: First Nations people, newly arrived migrants and people with disabilities.
By implementing these strategies, you can learn about inclusivity in your every day life or to assist in increasing volunteer numbers and improve retention within your volunteer groups.
KWY will present this session, where participants will gain a better understanding of:
- The importance of Cultural Safety and gain an understanding of what ‘cultural safety’ is.
- Become aware of cultural considerations and barriers to engagement, employing and volunteering.
- Learn how to create a culturally safe workplace.
- Improved relationships between Aboriginal staff/volunteers and community.
- How these learnings may be embedded into service delivery.
- Awareness and a greater understanding of organisational cultural competency.
Register here: https://events.humanitix.com/cube_6oct
This project is jointly funded by the Department of Social Services and the Northern and Yorke Landscape Board.